These instructions will help you add your iPhone’s phone number to iMessage on a Mac.
You may quickly add your phone number to iMessage on your Mac computer by using your iPhone and Mac in a few simple steps.
You can quickly start receiving texts on both your iPhone and Mac by simply turning on iMessage and adding your phone number to both devices.
For more stories, go to Business Insider’s home page.
You may improve your workflow and stay in touch with anyone attempting to reach you even if your iPhone is in another room or far away by receiving iMessages on your Mac computer.
To receive texts straight away, you may easily connect your phone number to your iMessage account and enable it on your Mac. Techpotamus has listed easy steps to add a Phone Number To Imessage on Mac.
How to add a phone number to iMessage on a Mac using iPhone settings
- To start, navigate to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive on your iPhone.
- Tap “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” to sign in with your Apple ID if you haven’t already.
- After logging in, locate the “You can receive iMessages to and reply from” box and double-check that your phone number is selected. If so, a checkmark will appear next to it.
- You might see a pop-up on the home screen of your Mac asking you if you want to add your phone number to iMessage and FaceTime if your Mac has already logged in with your Apple ID. Then select yes. On your Mac, you may enable it in iMessage after adding your phone number.
How to add your phone number on a Mac
- Open Messages on your Mac by clicking “Applications” after adding your phone number to iMessage on your iPhone.
- Select Messages > Preferences after launching Messages and logging in with your Apple ID.
- Choose the iMessage icon, which resembles an address or “at” sign, from the Preferences menu.
- Make sure your phone number is entered under the “You can be reached for messages at:” box to ensure that iMessages arrive on your Mac.
How to remove your phone number from an iPhone and Mac
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to remove the phone number from any other devices to which it could be attached. Wherever your Apple ID appears, tap it. Tap “Sign Out” in the pop-up box.
- Open Messages on your Mac. Finally, select iMessage under Messages > Preferences. Deselect your phone number from the “You can be reached for messages at” box.