Our daily lives at home have grown completely dependent on smart TVs. The TV serves a variety of purposes, including watching the newest athletic events, binge-watching your favorite films and television shows, and playing video games. Because of its affordability and the capabilities that Roku OS offers, TVs with this operating system are very popular.
One of the TV brands using Roku OS is TCL, which produces smart TVs. Don’t miss this guide if you lost your TCL Roku TV control. This tutorial will show you how to activate your TCL Roku TV without a remote. People also look for the solution of TCL TV Black screen. You can even solve that issue easily these days.
There could be a variety of causes for your inability to utilize your TCL Roku TV remote. It might have been damaged, misplaced, or lost altogether. Naturally, you will look everywhere for it or most likely wait for the new replacement remote you ordered to come in the mail. Therefore, Techpotamus came up with a solution to turn on a TCL Roku TV without a remote if yours is missing.
Turn on TCL Roku TV without the Remote
TV remote controllers are an essential component that are needed for controls. Smart TVs have improved significantly over the past few years. In addition to Remote, it has different control mechanisms. Therefore, you can still operate or turn on your TCL Roku TV even if you misplaced the remote.
Method 1: Use the Power Button on the TV
There will always be a set of physical buttons for your TV’s fundamental operations on all models, regardless of brand. They could be on the TV’s bottom panel, at the back, or even on the sides. The power button is located at the TV’s bottom on TCL Roku models. You only need to push the button to start. Without using a remote, you have turned on your TCL Roku TV.
Method 2: Use the Roku TV app
- You can use this free app as a remote for your TCL Roku TV because it is Roku OS compatible and comes with the TCL Smart TV. Here is how to use the remote control.
- Install the app. On both iOS and Android smartphones, it is free to use.
- Press the button at the bottom to turn on your TV.
- Ensure that your TCL Roku TV connects to your Wi-Fi network automatically.
- Open the Roku App on your phone and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network.
- At the bottom of the app screen, select the Remote tab.
To find TVs on the same network, it will search. Choose your TCL Roku TV once you’ve located it.
Your phone’s screen will now contain a few buttons. These buttons can be used to operate your TCL Roku.
Method 3: Power on TCL Roku TV via Infrared
The infrared sensor is used by TV remote controls to connect with the television. Many Android devices have been available with an integrated infrared sensor. You can then immediately control your TV using the appropriate app. Almost all of the other functionalities can be used right away after turning it on. The Mi Remote app is a well-known one that uses the infrared sensor on your phone (if your phone has one). Many different brands of devices are supported by the app. Downloading Mi Remote from the Google Play Store is free.
Method 4: Use Alexa Commands to Turn on TCL Roku TV
There is a backup method you can use to operate your TCL Roku TV if you can’t find the remote. The voice assistant from Amazon, Alexa, can be used for this. The Roku Alexa skill can be used to accomplish this. However, the following nations will accept this skill.
- Germany \sIreland
- South America (does not include Brazil)
- British Empire
- the United States
- The following are requirements for using this method:
Roku TV TCL
Roku Username (obviously)
smart gadget or speaker with Alexa capability
the Alexa mobile app
Now, in order to make this functionality operate, you must adhere to the instructions that are listed below.
- Install the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device first.
- Open the application now, and then tap on the three horizontal menus at the top.
- Select Skills and Games by tapping it.
- Here, you’ll find a search bar. Input Roku there.
- Don’t forget to touch Launch. Your Alexa will then be able to use the Roku skill.
- A Roku account sign-in screen will now appear.
- You will see a list of all of your Roku devices. Just choose the Roku hardware you wish to pair with Alexa.
- Your Alexa app will now start looking for nearby Roku devices. It is advised to have the TCL Roku TV turned on for the best results.
- Select Continue after tapping the TCL Roku TV icon in the Alexa app.
- You will next be prompted to choose your Alexa-enabled speaker or device.
- Lastly, click Link Device. You can now tell Alexa to operate your TCL Roku TV with voice commands.
Alexa Roku Commands
- Activate Roku TV.
- Switch off Roku TV.
- the Roku TV up Volume
- Roku TV’s channel selection
Method 5: Use the PS4 to turn on TCL Roku TV
- The TCL Roku TV may be turned on with the help of your PS4. It’s quite straightforward to accomplish and quite simple.
- Utilize the HDMI input on the TCL Roku TV to connect your PS4.
- To turn on the TV, press the power button.
- Open Settings on your PS4 and choose System Settings.
- Select the checkbox next to Enable HDMI Device Link by scrolling over it.
- Now switch off your PS4 and TCL Roku TV.
- Turn on the PS4 with both devices off.
- Your TCL Roku TV will also turn on by itself when the PS4 does.
Method 6: Use the Nintendo Switch to turn on TCL Roku TV
You will need a Nintendo Dock in order to utilise this approach to switch on the TCL Roku TV.
- Make sure the dock is connected to the display port on your TV and that your Nintendo Switch is plugged into it.
- With the help of the button on the TV’s bottom, turn it on.
- Go to the System Settings menu on your Nintendo Switch.
- Choose TV settings now.
- On the right side, select Match Power State as you scroll down.
- Switch off both the Switch and the TV while keeping the Power State option selected.
- Your TCL Roku TV should turn on immediately when you flip the switch.
- You now know several methods for turning on your TCL Roku TV without a remote.
Therefore, everything should be OK now that you know how to turn on the TCL Roku TV without a remote. However, if you do locate your misplaced TV remote, great; otherwise, ordering a replacement is preferable.