With the help of the excellent Apple Watch, you may continue to use the internet even when your phone is out of reach. If you don’t have access to your iPhone, you can find yourself in a scenario where you need to update your Apple Watch but are unable to do so. If you are confused that after getting updated how you will change your Apple Watch wallpaper then don’t worry we have also written a guide on how to change your Apple Watch wallpaper easily.
Make sure your Apple Watch is online if you want to update it without syncing it with an iPhone. You can update your watch through your settings app if you have Wi-Fi access.
Go to General > Software Update after that. Click Install if a new update is available. I’m done now!
If you’re still having trouble, keep reading to learn the best course of action.
How to Update an Apple Watch Without Pairing with iPhone?
Smaller updates for your Apple Watch will be published periodically throughout the year to fix bugs and maybe include new capabilities. For optimum performance, it is crucial to maintain your iOS device updated with the most recent version. If you have updated your Apple watch and you have forgotten to change the settings of your Apple Watch and you want to change your Calorie goal on Apple Watch being a fitness freak then don’t worry you can do it easily.
You can still update your Apple Watch even if you don’t have an iPhone by using these procedures.
- Before updating, please make sure your Apple Watch is connected to WiFi.
- Open the Settings app on your watch.
- Select Software Update under General.
- Then, choose Install and adhere to the on-screen instructions to install any updates that are available.
Keep your Apple Watch plugged in to charge rather than restarting it until the update is finished. After the update is finished, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.
How to Update Apple Watch on Your iPhone
The Watch app on your iPhone allows you to update your Apple Watch. This software is available for download from the Apple store.
the steps to take in order to upgrade your Apple Watch are as follows:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Choose My Watch from the menu.
- The left-hand menu will allow you to choose General > Software Update.
- Install the new software after downloading it.
Can You Use Apple Watch without Pairing with an iPhone?
You can use your Apple watch without linking it with a phone, yes. However, not all of the watch’s functionalities will be available to you. Making phone conversations, sending or receiving text messages, or viewing emails, for instance, are all impossible.
You may download apps that don’t require an iPhone to access some of the watch’s features, though, if you wish to use your Apple Watch without an iPhone. These apps come in a variety of forms, such as timers, calculators, and weather apps.
In addition, you can monitor your physical activity, check your heart rate, set a stopwatch, play music, view photos, and do many other things.
How to Pair an Apple Watch to an iPhone?
You can use all of the Apple Watch’s top features when you pair an iPhone with it. Additionally, pairing your iPhone and Apple Watch just takes a few minutes.
Follow these steps to sync your Apple Watch with your iPhone:
- Get your iPhone’s Watch app open.
- From the drop-down menu, choose My Watch.
- At the top of the screen, click the name of your watch.
- Tap to link your gadgets
- Keep your watch and iPhone close by.
- Press “Pair New Watch.”
- To finish connecting your watch, refer to the instructions on your iPhone.
You can utilize your watch’s features, like as smart notifications, making and receiving calls, reading emails, tracking your fitness, and more, once it is connected to your iPhone.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch from iPhone?
Use the Watch app on your iPhone to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
The steps below should be followed to unpair your watch:
- Get your iPhone’s Watch app open.
- On the My Watch tab, click.
- At the top of the screen, tap the name of your watch.
- From the menu, select Unpair Watch.
- Verify you have unpaired your watch.
- You can unpair your devices and your Apple Watch by performing a factory reset. To reset your watch, adhere to these instructions:
- Release the side button after the Power Off slider appears by holding it.
- To turn off your watch, move the slider.
- Up until you see the Apple logo, press and hold down the side button.
- You won’t be able to use any functions that need an iPhone after detaching your watch from your iPhone.
How do I Factory Reset my Apple Watch?
You can either use your iPhone or your Apple watch to do a factory reset on your Apple watch.
- Apple Watch reset via iPhone
- The best method for conducting a factory reset on the Apple Watch is to unpair it from the iPhone. It will delete its connection to your phone, make a backup, then erase your watch.
Here’s how to perform an Apple Watch factory reset:
- Open the Watch app on your phone first.
- then press All Watches after choosing the My Watch tab.
- Tap the watch you want to unpair’s circled “i.”
- Tap Apple Watch Unpair.
- You can either keep or cancel your cell phone plan.
- Enter your Apple ID password if asked.
- You’ll see the notification “Start Pairing” when the unpairing is complete.
Factory Reset Directly on Apple Watch
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can still reset your Apple Watch. Take these actions:
- Launch the Settings app on the Apple Watch.
- On the General tab, click.
- Press the Reset Tap once you’ve reached the bottom of the slide. Delete All Settings and Content
- Enter your passcode if one is required when prompted.
- If you have a cellular watch, swipe down and tap Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan.
Can I Update My Apple Watch Without WIFI?
Yes, you can update your Apple Watch without WiFi or an internet connection. But remember to keep your watch charged while the upgrade is happening.
The steps consist of:
- On your Apple Watch, launch the Watch app.
- choose the My Watch tab
- Log into Settings and select General. Setting up an iPhone with a software update
- Whenever prompted, enter the passcode for your Apple Watch or iPhone.
- Install the update. I’m done now.
How Do I Update my Apple Watch with Cellular Data?
Observe these methods to update your Apple Watch with cellular data:
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app.
- Pick Cellular by clicking the My Watch tab.
- Choose Add a New Plan, then adhere to the on-screen instructions that appear to add a new plan.
How Do I Know If My Apple Watch is Up to Date?
You can find out if your watch has been updated or needs an update by looking at the latest updates that are available for download. By carrying out the subsequent actions, you can check for new updates:
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app.
- If an update is available, select My Watch, select General > Software Update, and then select Download and Install.
What Should I Do If My Apple Watch Refuses to Update?
If your Apple Watch is not properly updating, you should take the following factors into account:
- To charge your Apple Watch, affix the charger to the device.
- To restart your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until Power Off appears on the device.
- If the update won’t start once more, restarting the device might be helpful.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone, choose General > Usage -> Software Update, and then delete the update file to solve the issue. Deleting the file will allow you to download and install watch OS once more.
It all comes down to how to update an Apple Watch without syncing it with an iPhone, to sum it up. The easiest method to make sure you receive the most recent security updates and bug fixes is to maintain the most recent software versions on all of your Apple devices. To ensure that the process goes smoothly, you will need a strong internet connection to make this possible.
We believe that after reading this article, you know more about updating an Apple watch without pairing. Please feel free to mention any additional questions you may have about the subject in the comments section below.