Although the DualShock 4 can last and play for years, it has several drawbacks. For instance, you might be missing a cable or a necessary component and be wondering how to connect a PS4 controller without a USB.
It’s pretty simple to connect the controller and sync it with the USB cord on the PS4 (and PS5). If you don’t have the cable right now, the process is still simple, but you’ll need a different controller to access the UI options.
So, even without a USB cable, you can still connect the peripheral to a PS4, PS5, Windows PC, or macOS system. In other words, the primary platforms where you’d use the DualShock 4 are covered by Techpotamus‘s troubleshooter.
How to Connect PS4 Controller Without USB?
Without a USB cable, we provide instructions on how to connect your controller to PS4 and PS5 consoles. Additionally, connections to PCs are covered.
To plug in an additional wireless controller for consoles, you still need another controller. If you don’t have a second controller, you can use the console’s keyboard and mouse to navigate the user interface.
On a PC, you can use your mouse to navigate the Bluetooth menu and select the appropriate option.
Connect PS4 Controller to PS4 Console
Consider a scenario in which you are currently using the console with your controller (or a keyboard and mouse) and you now want to connect a different controller.
Let’s also assume that the spare controller isn’t equipped with a USB cord. It might be missing from your possession or broken.
Whatever the case, using the user interface would be the best way to sync it with the console. Here are the procedures:
1. Navigate to Settings on your PS4. PS4 options
2. Choose Devices.
3. Choose Bluetooth gadgets.
4. Hold down the PS & Share buttons on your additional PS4 controller for roughly 5 seconds. ps and share buttons on the PS4 controller
5. The additional peripheral ought to be shown on Bluetooth devices. Choose it; the items with a green dot are operational, whereas the other items are off. Bluetooth remote control
6. The console is now equipped with your extra controller.
Similarly, even without a USB cable, you can connect as many controllers as you like. Unless the controller is broken or run down, this method always works.
Connect PS4 Controller to PS5 Console
On the PS5, the procedure is similar. You see, you can play older-generation games on the newer platform with a DualShock 4. It follows that you can connect it.
Say you already have a DualSense 5 peripheral connected to the console. It can be used to pair the older controller and navigate the user interface:
1. To access Settings, use your primary controller. PS5 settings
2. Choosing Accessories.
3. Visit General.
4. Choose Bluetooth Accessories from the menu on the right side of the screen.
5. Get your DualShock 4 now (the controller you want to pair). Next, press and hold the Share and PS buttons at the same time for five seconds. share button in ps
6. Now, the menu for the DualShock 4 ought to be visible. Select it from the list of “Accessories found.” ps5 wireless controller connection
Connect PS4 Controller to Windows
The process is simpler because you’re already using a keyboard and mouse on your computer. Therefore, you can sync the DualShock 4 item via the Bluetooth menu without requiring a micro-USB cable.
1. The steps for Windows 10 or 11 are as follows:
2. To search for Bluetooth, click the Windows button and enter “Bluetooth.”
“Bluetooth and other devices” should be opened.
3. Activate Bluetooth (move the slider).
4. Select Add device.
5. Choose Bluetooth.
6. Access your game console. Next, hold down the PS and Share buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds. As soon as the light bar begins to blink, you’ll know the controller has entered pair mode.
7. From the Bluetooth list, choose your device.
You must unpair the controller if you previously paired it. To do it, click the “…” and then choose Remove.
Connect PS4 Controller to Mac
Last but not least, the procedure on Apple devices also necessitates going to the Devices menu. The USB cable for the DualShock 4 is not required to connect it to your macOS device.
These are the actions:
1. Select the Apple logo in the upper left.
2. Opt for System Preferences.
3. Access Bluetooth
4. Activate the Bluetooth. You may find a list of available devices on the right.
5. Press the PS and Share buttons on your DualShock 4 controller simultaneously. After holding the buttons down for about 5 seconds, the blue light will begin to blink. ps and share buttons on the PS4 controller
6. The Connect button next to your controller should be clicked. link Dualshock to macs
How to Connect A PS4 Controller With A USB Cable?
The USB cable offers an easy-mode connection if you’re unsure how to connect the PS4 controller to your gaming system or computer. The techniques for doing this are listed below:
Connect PS4 Controller to PS4 Console
The steps you must take are as follows:
- Activate your console.
- Connect the controller’s USB cable to the gaming console.
- Put pressure on the controller’s PS button.
- The controller is synced to the console when the light bar on the controller starts to blink white or blue. The cable can now be unplugged.
There is a different approach that you can use instead of unplugging the cable. It’s the best option if your peripheral doesn’t have much charge or if you have an older wired-only controller. These are the actions:
- Start the console’s power.
- Connect the controller to the gaming console.
- The PS button should be pressed and held for about 3 seconds. The light bar will begin to blink blue or white when a connection has been made, so look for that. PS4’s ” button
Connect PS4 Controller to PC
Finally, connecting a PS4 controller to Windows or macOS is really simple.
The controller’s USB cord must be plugged into a USB port on your computer.
Select PS from the menu.
I’m done now. Additionally, since Steam provides full support for the DualShock 4 and the DualSense 5, you will be able to use the controller there. As an alternative, you can play on Windows outside of Steam by using DS4Windows.
Sony also provides the PS Now app for Windows users, which enables you to play PS4 and PS5 games on a computer. Finally, while utilizing the Remote Play app, you can use the controllers on your PC.