The PS5 is the latest gaming console released by Sony, boasting impressive hardware and advanced features. However, for those who own a PS4 and are not ready to upgrade to the PS5 yet, it can be disappointing to miss out on some of the latest games.
While it is not possible to play PS5 games directly on a PS4 console, there are a few alternative methods that can allow you to enjoy some of the PS5 titles on your PS4. However, if you’re looking for a way to experience next-gen gaming on a PC, you can consider upgrading your graphics card to the equivalent of a PS5 graphics card .In this article we have gathered some ways to play PS5 games on a PS4 console, including remote play, streaming services, and backward compatibility for certain games.
How to play PS5 games on PS4 via Remote Play
To play PS5 games on your PS4 via remote play, you will need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Ensure that both your PS4 and PS5 are connected to the same network.
- On your PS5, go to “Settings” and then “System,” and select “Remote Play.”
- Enable Remote Play and choose to “Add Device.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your PS5 for remote play.
- On your PS4, download and install the “PS Remote Play” app from the PlayStation Store.
- Open the app and sign in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Select your PS5 from the list of available devices and start the remote play connection.
- Once connected, you should be able to see and play your PS5 games on your PS4 screen.
Please note that remote play requires a strong and stable internet connection, and it may result in lower quality gameplay due to potential latency. Also, not all PS5 games are available for remote play, and some may not be compatible with the PS4 controller.
How to play PS5 games on PS4 via PlayStation Now?
Playing PS5 games on a PS4 console is not possible due to hardware limitations, but PlayStation Now is a cloud gaming service that allows you to play PS5 games on your PS4. Follow the steps below to play PS5 games on PS4 via PlayStation Now:
- Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.
- Subscribe to PlayStation Now and sign in to your account on your PS4 console.
- Select a PS5 game that you want to play and click on the “Start Streaming” button.
- Wait for the game to load and start playing.
- You will need a DualShock 4 or DualSense controller to play the game.
Please note that PlayStation Now requires a fast and stable internet connection, and the quality of gameplay may vary depending on your internet speed. Additionally, PlayStation Now is a subscription service that requires a monthly fee.
How to play PS5 games on PS4 via Share Play
Unfortunately, it is not possible to play PS5 games on a PS4 via Share Play, as Share Play only allows you to play games that are installed on your PS4 console or share your gameplay with friends. Share Play works by creating a virtual version of your local multiplayer games that can be played by another player remotely.
However, if you have a friend who owns a PS5 console, they can use Share Play to share their gameplay with you on your PS4. This will allow you to see and interact with their game in real-time, as if you were playing it yourself.
To use Share Play, both you and your friend need to have an active PlayStation Plus subscription and a reliable internet connection. Your friend will also need to invite you to their Share Play session, and you will need to accept the invitation and connect to their game.
Please note that Share Play requires a fast and stable internet connection, and the quality of gameplay may vary depending on your internet speed. Additionally, Share Play is limited to one hour per session, and not all games support this feature.
Play a game together through Share Play
To play a game together through Share Play, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that both you and your friend have an active PlayStation Plus subscription and a reliable internet connection.
- Launch the game that you want to play together on your PS4 or PS5 console.
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to bring up the quick menu, and select “Party” from the options.
- Invite your friend to your party, or have them invite you to theirs.
- Once you are both in the party, select the “Share Play” option from the party screen.
- Choose “Give Controller to Visitor” to allow your friend to control the game, or “Play a Game Together” to play together in a local multiplayer game.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up Share Play and connect to your friend’s console.
- Once connected, you and your friend should be able to play the game together in real-time.
Please note that Share Play requires a fast and stable internet connection, and the quality of gameplay may vary depending on your internet speed. Additionally, not all games support Share Play, and some games may have limitations on the number of players that can participate in local multiplayer.
In conclusion, playing PS5 games on a PS4 console is not possible due to the hardware limitations of the older console. However, there are alternatives available that can allow you to enjoy some PS5 titles on your PS4, such as remote play and PlayStation Now. These methods require a stable internet connection and may result in lower quality gameplay due to latency issues. Additionally, Share Play can be used to play games together with friends, but it does not allow for playing PS5 games on a PS4 console. Ultimately, upgrading to a PS5 console is the best option for playing the latest games with the best possible experience.